Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Computer Stuff

Since we are moving out at the end of the month, I will be somewhat commuting from wherever we are to the university for a couple of days a week. So, for the days I am not at work, I am trying to set up some kind of remote desktop so that I can work wherever. Apparently, this isn't the easiest thing to do. My laptop runs Vista, and the work computer is a Windows 2000 machine. Also, the medicine firewall at the university doesn't like connections from the outside world on the usual remote desktop port, so I have been trying different things, like using a program called UltraVNC instead of the usual Windows remote desktop. Still doesn't work. To top it all off, our network administrator left last month so there is nobody here that can really help. Anybody have any experience trying to do this?
Packing is coming along ok. We have Erika's birthday party on Sunday, so we need to get a lot of stuff out of the way before then. I hate getting boxes. It doesn't help that I am picky as to what boxes we want. Oh well.
Jeff

No comments: