Sunday, July 20, 2008

Nein Nein Nie Nie Mmmm...

We thought we could mostly fill this update with pictures. So here we go. Reesey is really getting the hang of walking, although he is yet to spontaneously do it himself:

Erika's days are filled with being a Mommy to all her dolls, and picking which one gets to go for walks outside. She recently made a baby carrier for one of them (out of a belt):

The kids on the tram:


A couple of days ago, Jodi put Reese in the tub and started up the water, and checked to make sure it was a good temperature a couple of times. He started to get a little too docile followed shortly thereafter by crying, so Jodi did another check of the water. Apparently, it was a little too warm, as you might be able to see from the rouge pants he seems to be wearing. Don't worry, the damage wasn't permanent and it looks a little worse than it was, but note to self: you can't check the water enough.

The kiddies also played at a little beach nearby (aka sewer drainage). Actually it is a nice area for them just across the street; it has a water pump at the top and the water runs down a little water fall into a sandy area. The parks are quite different here in Germany, and this is an example of one. The courtyards between apartment buildings in Rieselfeld generally have these little parks in them (there are a lot within walking distance):


Next time, we will document our day trip we took to Switzerland, stay tuned. I tried to emulate German custom in this picture, har har.


Jodi and Jeff

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there. I can't believe that Reese's almost totally walking. I can't wait to see it in person...soon my friends...soon!! Griffin is so excited to get to Germany...he thinks it's going to happen every day..."are we going today, are you going today...what about today? it's starting to get old.I talked to mom today, things are comming together. we'll hope to leave on the 12thand return on the 28th,29th,or 30th, depends on when the flights look best for return. we are making it happen!!! I love you guys and can't wait to see you!!! Lesley

Anonymous said...

p.s Tim loved the whole German custom thing Jeff....you sicko

K_I_T_ said...

Hey, more pics,more info, more life of the Snyders svp! The pic of Reece in the tub is hilarious! Oh Jodes, I laughed so hard. So I do think you should do the facebook thing, great way to see each other, for those of us who don't have a blog. Do it , do it! Anyhow, love ya....Jodi that is...no offence Jeff, just well you know....anyhow you know what I mean!
Chow

Anonymous said...

hahaha! Thank you for making me feel not so much like a bad bad Mom for doing that to Everett the other day in the bath!!
ahhh, water...you get us everytime...

have fun with Tim, Lesley and the kids!!!
Sarah

Anonymous said...

Hey. Is the toe done? We heard of some "pruning" in your future. We saw Tim and Lesley's pic's and they look great. I bet you will be sick of the Munster by the time we get there. Kory and Dallas.

K_I_T_ said...

Okay, so I check your blog every day to see something new! So what up? Not like you guys have much else to do, so what up...!!! No but really how are you guys doing? All's well here. Harvest is in full swing, bring it on. Need some green to pay off the inputs! Have a good one

Anonymous said...

Hello???!!!! Waiting to hear of your escapades!!!!



HAPPY BIRTHDAY JODES!!!!!!!!!!
sorry, I know it was yesterday....I did think about it yesterday just didn't get to the computer.

Hope it was a good one!
Love you friend
sarah

K_I_T_ said...

Hey Jodes. I have started my own blog! About our adoption journey. I would love for you to read it so you can feel connected to how the process is going.
http://thelawsonadoptionjourney.blogspot.com
Comment on my comment section so I know that you got this message...sorry Jeff, just makin sure that you give Jo this message!

die Olsens said...

Guten Tag.
It seems like as if you guys made your self at home a bit and get the hang of the whole german thing a bit.
Peggi told me that the first few month were pretty rough. I am so sorry about that.
I wish I could have helped out a bit more.
Your blog is awesome. It feels like as if I get know you a little bit without ever really meeting you.
I hope you are going to have a great time in the Vaterland and learn to love the weird and maybe a funny customs.
Kati

<> said...

Sorry everybody. We are going to start replying now.

Kati: Vielen dank für dein hilfe! How's that for Deutsch? (I'm sure it's wrong). Thanks for looking into those places for us without even meeting us! The first while has definately been tricky, but I think we are starting to settle in a little more. We hope Kanada is still going well for you.

Jodi and Jeff